Google announced today that they are adding real-time functionality to Google Analytics. This will allow webmasters to monitor the number of people and engagement on their site in real-time. This feature will roll out over the next two weeks, but if you want to try it out early, you can sign up for the beta version today.
Fill out the form on this page – https://services.google.com/fb/forms/realtimeanalytics/
Features of the new service include:
- Monitoring visits to a site minute-by-minute
- The number of people on your site at that moment
- Monitoring traffic sources in real-time (referral, Organic or Paid Search, direct, ect.)
- Geo Location of your current visitors
- Keywords that brought the visitors